FIRST AFFILIATE RESOURCE
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION/SEO
The importance of search engine optimization for your website should not be overlooked. If you are promoting any kind of product or service, promotion should be your number one priority. In fact, your number one goal should be to create your website as search engine friendly as possible. There are a number of ways to perform the search engine optimization tasks that are needed.
The truth is, search engines pay attention to the number of inbound links a website has. In order to achieve the biggest benefit from this, you will need to obtain a mix of different types of back links. The most important thing to remember is that a search engine will find the highest value in a link from content rich sites that they consider being resourceful. Furthermore, links from irrelevant sites don't often provide any benefits. Also, your back links campaign should appear natural in the eyes of a search engine. For this reason, search engine optimization experts craft their linking strategies to factor in the issues. Ultimately, the more links your website can achieve, the higher your search engine rankings will be. Furthermore, the websites that you achieve these links from should also be considered. You should be attempting to achieve good quality back links from important sites.
Link building is extremely personal to generating any kind of significant traffic to your website.
Back links are basically links that point to your site from another and is used to help determine how important your website is viewed by the search engines. Creating a strong back links profile should always be an important part of your search engine optimization campaigns.
Article marketing is considered a very effective way for generating back links to your website. Creating high quality articles that are informative and entertaining and submitting them to directories is a great way to create natural and relevant one-way links to your website. Your back link is contained within the resource box where you can add a call to action to increase website traffic through this resource box as well as back links.
Another effective way to build back links is to maintain your own blog about your website and products. Blogs are extremely a beneficial way to train search engine spiders to continually visit your website. Furthermore, submit these blogs to the blog search engines as they updates their content every time you update yours. However, it is not necessary to leave a link to your website in every blog post that you create. Ultimately this will be viewed as spamming.
Online directories are also very valuable for creating Web links. An online Web directory is basically a listing of other websites through categories. Since most of these websites are reviewed by human beings, it is safe to say that they are beneficial websites to be a part of. This should be a natural part of your search engine optimization strategy. Furthermore, the majority of these websites are free.
In order to avoid getting discouraged, it is important to understand that with building a strong back link profile, it's not something that is going to happen overnight. Actually, building back links is something that happens slowly on a daily and long-term basis. It is a process that you should begin as early as possible by creating both long-term and short-term goals for your website.
As mentioned, back link building is the absolute foundation to the search engine optimization of any website. In fact, if you take a look around, there are a number of search engine optimization services that offer link building because it is so increasingly popular. Truthfully link building and search engine optimization should be the number one priority for your website.
>Link building is the very foundation of every search engine optimization campaign. If you wish to have a successful website, you are going to have to take time and put forth the effort to create a strong back link profile. There are a number of ways to go about achieving back links for your site. The majority of these ways revolve around creating valuable content for readers.
1. Create a website that offers valuable content for your readers to encourage them to link back to you. Whatever else you decide to do in your back link building campaign, make this a priority. This is referred to as link bait or creating a hook that encourages other websites to back link for you.
2. Article directory submissions. The links to your website is contained within the resource box. This is actually a very good Web marketing strategy. Whenever another user chooses to use their content within their website or newsletter they help promote your website as well because they are required to include your link.
3. Distribute your content on the popular social networking sites. Most of these sites achieve very high search engine listings as they are considered to be authority pages. So providing content on social networking sites can result in a number of back links for you.
4. Maintain a blog and update the content often. This is most effective if you perform the proper keyword research and emphasize keywords that are related to your product or service. If you continue to do this, you will train the search engine spiders to continually visit your websites. Furthermore, you'll begin to notice back links purely from other websites listing to your content.
5. Comment on the blogs of other people. Most blogs have a comments section with each post that allows you to leave your URL. This is most effective if you comment on a topic that you are knowledgeable about and provide information that is of value to readers.
Search engine optimization is an ongoing task. There are things that you must do daily to ensure that your website stays on top. As mundane or redundant as these tasks may be, they are still necessary and should not be avoided as you can watch your rankings slip from your hands overnight.
While you may hold the number one spot for a particular keyword or phrase for a period of time, you should never become complacent. Doing so could result in you losing your rankings to your competition. For that reason, it is important that you keep an eye on your competition as well as keeping an eye on the methods that they used to build links.
By reverse engineering the methods your competition is using to build links, you can mimic their same actions as well as seek out more ways that you can build links to your website and its individual pages. This means that you will be doing double duty to maintain your position in SERPs.
Not every link that you build will go live immediately. For that reason, keeping an eye on your links is something that you must do on a daily basis. This means that you should be checking for dead links as well as for recent links that you have just built. Additionally, this could also mean keeping an eye out on incoming links to your website.
Failure to keep up to date with trends and news surrounding your niche could cause you to lose valuable topics that could serve as content on your website. Additionally, you might also miss out on valuable link dropping opportunities. For that reason, keeping abreast on emerging topics is vital and should be done on a daily basis. Something as simple as setting up a Google alert every time a keyword related to your niche is mentioned is a great way to ensure that you do not let critical news passed you by.
A website that is riddled with errors or error pages can greatly diminish your traffic and sales. That is why it is important that you analyze your website daily for the potential errors. If you use a service such as Google's Webmaster Tools, this service will automatically analyze your website for you to show you what is wrong and/or what can be improved.
A popular website is one that receives a great deal of traffic on a daily basis. If you want to reach the level of your competition, obtaining traffic is the key piece in being able to compete on their level. However, generating traffic is not always easy, especially if your website is a new website. However, all hope is not lost as you can greatly improve your traffic and website popularity without spending money on paid traffic. The following are ways in which you can generate loads of traffic for free:
Yahoo Answers is a great source to use in order to drive free traffic to your specific website or a particular webpage. The key to using Yahoo Answers affectively requires that you become a genuine contributor on the website. This means, that before you answer a question that will link to your website or webpage, you actively answer other questions that are posed. This helps you appear as a genuine contributor, instead of someone only dropping self-serving links.
The way to use Yahoo answers for traffic requires that you create two separate accounts. The first account will serve as the user who is posing a question and the second account will serve as the account of the user answering the question. The second account will also leave a link directly to your webpage that answers the question posed. This is a great way to drive free and targeted traffic to your website, especially if your link answers the question in great detail and is chosen as the "Best Answer" which you will do with the first account that you created.
Social bookmarking is another great method to drive traffic to your website. Additionally, social bookmarking is free and has the ability to drive hundreds to thousands of visitors to your website depending on how viral your link goes. Websites such as Folkd.com, Digg.com, and De.li.cious are great places to begin your social bookmarking efforts.
Forums and message boards are also great ways to drive traffic to your website. By becoming an active member, you can leave links to your website or specific webpages that correspond with the topic you are participating in. Most message board and forums allow up to two self-serving links in the signature area, so use this space wisely.
Giving away free reports on popular forums, blogs or through membership and PLR websites is a great way to drive free and targeted traffic to your website. By leaving self-serving link inside of the report you've given away for free, you can drive traffic easily and in large quantities depending on how many times your free report is downloaded.
While these are just a few of the ways you can drive traffic, they are certainly not to be overlooked as they are great on their own, but even more powerful when used together.
1. When using manual directory submissions in your campaigns, never submit to many directories at once. In fact, it is not necessarily needed to submit to thousands of directories, but rather much more beneficial to choose a number of high traffic directories with search engine importance.
2. It's important to include a number of no follow back links within your back link profile, however any no follow links will not help with page rank and may not offer much benefit to your website.
3. Always rotate your titles, anchor text, and descriptions when submitting to any type of directory. If you continue to use the same information with each website, you run the risk of falling under the Google duplicate content filter. In this case, you may lose Web traffic due to your submissions appearing to be created with automatic submission software.
4. Never use the same anchor text in all of the links you create. When you begin your back links campaign, choose your keywords carefully.
5. Don't waste time submitting links to websites that do not update their content very often. The reason for this is, websites without consistent updates is not visited by the search engine crawlers very often. Therefore a search engine will not find a link that is left on that site.
6. Properly research each website that you wish to leave a link on. If by some chance the website is banned by Google, placing a link to your website will create more harm than good.
7. Never use automatic submission software. There are a number of submission tools available on the Internet today. What makes these so tempting is that they claim to offer you a large amount of back links and short amount of time. It is much more beneficial to avoid these types of software completely -- set aside a little time everyday to build back links naturally.
8. Never created a back link on a website that has too many other links. Furthermore, find out a little bit about the websites that you are being linked to.
9. Never leave a back link on a link form or website that contains a countless number of useless links. These will not offer any real value.
10. Never buy a link from a website that is a place for the sole purpose of selling links. These types of websites are selling links to a number of different people. The links may not stay visible for very long and you will ultimately lose money.